This particlur GMT-Master was introduced at Baselworld 2007 sporting Rolex’s recently introduced Super Case (the GMT-Master II range was the first to feature it). Although it maintained the same time-honored 40mm case diameter as its predecessor, the overall profile was noticeably chunkier thanks to thicker lugs and crown guards nearly twice the width of the previous model. The updated case proportions were Rolex’s response to the call from many collectors to increase the dimensions of their Professional Collection models, as the trend for larger watches was in full flow at the time.
Complementing the bolder case was another novel addition for the range, the Maxi dial. First seen on the green bezel 50th Anniversary edition Submariner from 2003 (nicknamed the “Kermit”), the Maxi dial features larger indexes and broader hour and minute hands. Just like the Super Case itself, the bigger dial furniture appealed more to some than others, but there was no doubt that it improved overall legibility. One other update was the use of a Triplock crown instead of the Twinlock variety found on older models. Originally developed for the Sea-Dweller to ensure its fearsome water resistance, Triplock crowns are now found on all of Rolex’s dive watches, along with modern Daytona, Yacht-Master, Yacht-Master II, and GMT-Master II watches (despite the fact that Rolex’s non-divers still retain their standard 100-meter depth ratings).
This particular watch comes as a complete set of all boxes, papers, and tags dating to 2012.
GMT-MASTER II 116710LN KEY FEATURES:
– Reference Number: 116710LN
– Production Years: 2007 – 2019
– Case Size: 40mm
– Materials: Oystersteel (904L Stainless Steel)
– Functions: Time w/ Runnings Seconds, Date Display, GMT-Functionality
– Dial: Black w/ Luminou Hour Markers
– Bezel: Bidirectional, Black Ceramic Insert w/ 24-Hour Scale
– Crystal: Sapphire (Flat w/ Cyclops Lens)
– Water Resistance: 100 Meters / 330 Feet
– Movement: Rolex Caliber 3186
– Strap/Bracelet: Oyster Bracelet
top of page
bottom of page